ELBG on Twitter
- Happy New Year everybody!
- We'll be emailing 2013 meeting dates after Xmas. Jan is hibernation survey time...
- One more natural history post at risk of redundancy. So no NH curators left in Lancashire by next year.
- Great piece on Bechstein's and on bats and roads on today's Saving Species on R4
- Finished for the day. Next step putting them up
Current Time 13:03
SUNRISE 03:49 SUNSET 20:20
Tagsbaby bat bat box bat group bat walk bowland brown long eared care colony count common conservation daubenton's East Lancashire east lancs ELBG foulridge grounded help hibernation lancashire leisler's lesser horseshoe lime kiln Natterer's noctules pipistrelle rescue research schwegler soprano survey swarming training
Category Archives: Bat walks and talks
East Lancashire Bat Group will be at the Woodland Festival at Towneley Park, Burnley. We’ll be talking about bats and building bat boxes for use in the new Brun Valley Forest Park. 12 – 4pm.
A short bat hunt around Sparth Road Woodland (BB5 5RP), with East Lancshire Bat Group and Prospects Foundation. Starts at 8pm Learn about the local bat population and find them using sonar detectors. The walk will take approximately 1-1.5 hours. … Continue reading
We have teamed up with Lancashire Badger Group and Towneley Hall to hold a free family event centred around those mysterious creatures that only come out at night! Badger, Bat and Towneley wildlife Talks (Booking required, contact Towneley Hall) Bat Box Making … Continue reading