East Lancashire Bat Group – dedicated to the conservation of Bats.
The East Lancashire Bat Group is dedicated to the conservation of bats in the boroughs of Blackburn with Darwen, Ribble Valley,Hyndburn, Pendle, Burnley, and Rossendale that make up Pennine Lancashire.
Our membership is open to all with an interest in bats.
What do we do?
- We aim to help to conserve bats, their roosts and important habitat.
- We carry out conservation projects such as bat box schemes.
- We carry out research projects.
- We aim to monitor, improve and protect roost sites.
- We carry out surveys and hold records on bats to build our knowledge of bat distribution in our area.
- We aim to improve public awareness of bats and their conservation by hosting bat walks for the public.
Group membership is spread equally between the boroughs of Blackburn, Ribble, Hyndburn, Pendle, Burnley and Rossendale so there’s a good chance there is someone local to your area.
If you’re interested in bats and want to get involved, membership of the group is free; email us at email@example.com
East Lancs Bat Group is a Bat Conservation Trust Partner Group.